There are so many wonderful vegetables to enjoy during the summer months, and this lasagna recipe is perfect for doing just that! Plus, it's very customizable. Feel free to experiment with a few different veggies to get your desired result.
- 20 oz marinara sauce
- 3-4 zucchini squash Mexican, or yellow squash, sliced lengthwise
- 2 oz fresh basil leaves torn
- salt for seasoning
- red pepper flakes for seasoning
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 425 F.
2. Pour some of your marinara sauce into the bottom of a casserole dish. Then, add a layer of zucchini noodles and top with more sauce. Sprinkle in your basil and seasonings.
3. Add another layer of zucchini noodles, ricotta, sauce, and vegetables, and continue to layer until your dish is full.
4. On the top layer of zucchini noodles, finish with any extra sauce and the mozzarella cheese. Cover loosely with tin foil and bake for 30 min. Remove the foil and cook for another 15 min. Enjoy!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?