Thai Turkey Burger with Asian Slaw
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Infused with fresh lemongrass, ginger, lime zest, shallots, and basil, these Thai Turkey Burgers are bursting with flavor. They are topped with a crunchy Asian Slaw and fresh cucumber ribbons, and the buns are slathered with a spicy aioli.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons shallot, very finely diced ( or red onion)
- 1 ½ teaspoon fresh grated, or chopped ginger
- 2 garlic cloves- finely minced ( or 1 teaspoon granulated garlic)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons chopped Thai basil (or reg basil, cilantro, or mint)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 scallion, chopped
- ½ – 1 jalapeño, seeded, finely chopped ( or substitute 1 Tablespoon sriracha sauce, or red chili sauce)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or sub soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper– optional
Crunchy Asian Slaw:
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice ( or rice wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup mayo, vegan mayo, or tartar sauce
- 1–2 tablespoons sriracha or chili garlic sauce
- Preheat grill to medium-high
- Combine all the burger ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well using hands. With wet hands, shape into 3 burgers, 1-inch thick. Place on a plate in the fridge.
- Toss the slaw ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Mix the spicy aioli ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Grill patties on a well-greased, pre-heated grill 4-5 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
- Toast or grill the buns.
- Spread aioli on the bottom bun, top with the patty, then the slaw, cucumber ribbons (optional), more aioli, then the top bun. Enjoy!!
Low Carb Options:
- Serve in lettuce wraps and go totally bread-free.
- Serve the burger over the Asian slaw, as a main course salad.
- Create Burger Bowls!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?