Vegetarian Cabbage Rolls
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Stuffed with mushrooms, red pepper, zucchini and more!
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large head cabbage
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook cabbage in boiling water just until leaves fall off head. Set aside 8 large leaves for rolls (refrigerate remaining cabbage for another use). Cut out the thick vein from each leaf, making a V-shape cut. Overlap cut ends before filling. Stir 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and lemon juice into vegetable mixture.
- Place a heaping 1/3 cupful on each cabbage leaf; fold in sides. Starting at an unfolded edge, roll to completely enclose filling.
- Combine tomato sauce and hot pepper sauce; pour 1/3 cup into a 2-qt. baking dish. Place cabbage rolls in dish; spoon remaining sauce over top. Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
2 each: 142 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 8g protein.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?