> Main Dishes
> Vegetarian Sheet Pan Dinner
This easy sheet pan dinner is filled with healthy vegetables and fresh flavor!
- 1 crown broccoli (1/2 pound)
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 2 medium large)
- 1 pound red potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (or 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon
- Rice or quinoa (or another whole grain or seasoned lentils), to serve (optional)
- Dollop of sour cream, Greek yogurt, Vegan Sour Cream, Cashew Cream, or hummus, to serve
- Adjust the oven racks for roasting 2 trays. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Optional: If serving with rice or quinoa, follow How to Cook Brown Rice, Instant Pot Brown Rice, How to Cook Quinoa or Instant Pot Quinoa.
- Chop the broccoli. Cut the onion into thick slices. Dice the potatoes. Dice the red pepper.
- Place all the vegetables in a large bowl. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then add them to the bowl. Mix in the olive oil, garlic powder, Old Bay, Italian seasoning, and kosher salt until everything is evenly coated.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper (we prefer this to silicone baking mats because it results in crispier veggies). Spread the vegetables evenly onto each sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes (do not stir!). Remove the pans from the oven, rotate them, and roast another 10 minutes (for 30 minutes total) until tender and lightly browned on one side.
- Cut the lemon into wedges, and spritz the veggies with fresh lemon juice to taste. (Required: this step adds just the right zing! Or you can serve with lemon wedges.)
- Transfer to a serving bowl or dish and serve immediately with rice or quinoa. Dollop with sour cream, cashew cream or hummus.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?