Veggie Lover's Baked Pasta
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Like the name suggests, this is truly a veggie lover's dish. Packed with spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, and zucchini, this dish is warm, comforting, and nutritious! Topped with a delicious layer of bubbling cheese, this dish is sure to satisfy at dinnertime.
5 ounces of fresh spinach
10 ounces of cherry tomatoes
1 large onion, diced
2 portobello mushroom caps, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 medium zucchini, diced
9 cloves of garlic, minced
1 pound of rigatoni pasta
25 ounces of pasta sauce
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of dried basil
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1 3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the cherry tomatoes with 1/8 cup of olive oil and place them in an even layer on a baking sheet. Roast the tomatoes for 15 minutes or until they start to wilt and burst.
2. Cook the rigatoni pasta according to the package instructions and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, combine the onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, zucchini, garlic, dried basil, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté on medium-high heat for 12-15 minutes, or until liquid is released and the vegetables have started to cook down.
4. Add the spinach and let it wilt (about 2-3 minutes). Add in the pasta sauce and stir well to combine. Add in the cooked tomatoes to the vegetable and pasta sauce mixture.
5. Mix the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses together in a bowl. Add 1 cup of the cheese mixture to the vegetable and pasta sauce mixture and stir to combine.
6. Add in the cooked rigatoni pasta, stir, and transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese and bake at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?