White Pizza with Broccoli
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
For a fresh take on pizza night, try out this cheesy broccoli pizza recipe! With a boost of broccoli, you'll be getting in the veggies while enjoying a family favorite. Pro Tip! Check out the cheese selection on our website.
2.5 cups of broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper, to taste
12 ounces of pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
1 cup of ricotta cheese
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1.5 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
2 teaspoons of lemon zest
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the pizza stone on the center rack of the oven while the oven preheats. If you don't have a pizza stone, you should still preheat the pan or baking sheet you are using to cook the pizza.
2. Meanwhile, steam the broccoli by placing the florets in a large skillet. Cover them with water, bring to a boil, cover, and cook for 3-5 minutes until bright green and crisp-tender. You can also steam the broccoli in a vegetable steamer basket or use roasted broccoli instead. Drain the broccoli, transfer to a mixing bowl, and toss in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Prepare the pizza dough by pulling/rolling it into a ~12-inch flat circle on a floured surface. Set aside. In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
4. When you are ready to make the pizza, remove the pizza stone (or baking sheet) from the oven. Spray with nonstick cooking spray, if needed. Carefully slide the pizza dough onto the stone. You should hear it sizzle slightly. Brush the dough with a little bit of olive oil, then sprinkle with about half of the mozzarella cheese (~3/4 cup).
5. Place the steamed broccoli florets on top of the pizza, followed by dollops of the ricotta cheese and garlic mixture. Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese and lemon zest on the pizza.
6. Place the pizza stone on the center rack of the oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cheese bubbles and the crust is slightly browned. Remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes, and cut into slices.
No public reviews yet! Will you be the first?