Crunchy Carrot Caesar Salad
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Crunchy, tasty and perfect for a lighter option
- 8 thin baguette slices
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, 1 halved, 1 finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (95g) thick Greek-style yogurt
- 3 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (100g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 bunches mixed heirloom carrots, thinly sliced lengthways on a mandoline, tops reserved and washed
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced into rounds
- 200g sliced ham, torn
- 1/4 cup (40g) sunflower seeds, toasted
- Micro basil, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place baguette on tray and drizzle with oil. Rub cut side of halved garlic over bread. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until crisp and golden. Set aside to cool.
- Place chopped garlic, yogurt, anchovy, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and parmesan in a bowl. Season, and stir to combine.
- Place carrot in a bowl of iced water to crisp up.
- Place ham in a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Cook, turning once, for 3-4 minutes until caramelized.
- Drain carrot and pat dry. Arrange ham, carrot, and baguette on a platter. Scatter with sunflower seeds, carrot tops, and micro basil. Drizzle with Caesar dressing to serve.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?