Fall Harvest Roasted Butternut Squash and Pomegranate Salad72
0 made it | 72 reviews | 0 photos
This salad is my fall staple salad. It's healthy, simple, so delicious, and perfectly fitting for crisp fall nights...and great for Thanksgiving too!
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 butternut squash- peeled, halved & cut into 1/4 inch half-circles
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 C. raw pepitas
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 head Kale (Or bunch tuscan kale), shredded
- 4 C. shredded brussels sprouts
- arils from 1 pomegranate
- 4-6 fresh figs (optional)
- 1/2 C. shredded gouda cheese
- 1/4 C. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 C. Pomegranate juice
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 2 Tbsp honey
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. On a baking sheet, toss together the butternut squash, 1 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking, until the squash is tender.
- Line a separate baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the pepitas, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, the cayenne, and a pinch of salt. Arrange in a single layer. Transfer to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the pepitas are toasted. Watch closely!
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine the kale, brussels sprouts, and pomegranates.
- To make the vinaigrette. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the shallots and sage, cook until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat, let cool slightly. Add the pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar, and honey. Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, tossing to combine. Add the roasted squash, gently tossing. Top the salad with toasted pepitas, figs, if using, and cheese. Eat and enjoy!
No public reviews yet! Will you be the first?