Fregola with Green Peas, Mint, and Ricotta
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
A remix of pasta e fagioli!
- 1 1/4 cups fregola
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2 ounces bacon (about 3 slices), chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shelled fresh peas (from about 1 pound pods) or frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus leaves for serving
- 4 ounces ricotta
- Cook fregola in a large pot of boiling salted water until very al dente, 6–8 minutes. Drain pasta (do not rinse), reserving 1 cup pasta cooking liquid.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium and cook bacon, stirring often, until bacon is brown around the edges, about 5 minutes. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crisp and onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine, bring to a simmer, and cook until skillet is almost dry, about 5 minutes. Add broth and bring to a simmer. Add fregola and cook, stirring often, until pasta is just al dente and broth is thickened, about 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add peas and chopped mint and cook, stirring, until peas are warmed through, about 2 minutes. Add pasta cooking liquid as needed to adjust consistency.
- Serve topped with ricotta, mint, and cracked pepper and drizzled with oil.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?