Chimichurri Potato Salad
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
This light and bright potato salad is perfect for the springtime and is ready in just 30 minutes! A super fresh take on a classic potato salad, this recipe swaps out mayo for a vibrant chimichurri sauce. This dish is super versatile: it can be served hot or cold, depending on your preference!
1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 pounds of baby gold potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch slices
1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
1 small red onion, quartered and cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 red bell pepper, diced
For the Chimichurri:
1/2 cup of fresh parsley, packed
1/4 cup of cilantro leaves and small stems, packed
1 tablespoon of fresh oregano or one teaspoon dried
1 small shallot, roughly chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
4 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of red wine or Sherry vinegar
1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Throughly grease two large baking sheets and arrange the potatoes in one layer amongst them. Brush the potatoes with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper.
2. Bake for 20-25 minutes alternating the baking sheets between the top and bottom positions in the oven after 10 minutes.
3. Prepare the chimichurri by processing all of the ingredients in a food processor fit with a blade attachment until smooth and combined. Set aside.
4. Heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and red bell pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and transfer to a medium bowl.
5. Transfer the cooked potatoes to the bowl with the sautéed veggies. Add the chimichurri and toss to combine. Serve warm or refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?