Curry Roasted Acorn Squash and Pecans
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
This spiced side dish is the perfect addition to dinner tonight! The maple syrup is the perfect sweet compliment to the curry seasoning, and the toasty flavor from the pecans adds a delicious nutty flavor.
1 acorn squash, sliced along the ribs to create crescent-shaped pieces
2 tablespoons of melted butter
2 teaspoons of curry seasoning
1/3-1/2 cup of pecans
2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 400. Cut the squash in half in the direction of the 'ribs'. Scrape out the seeds with a spoon and discard them. Slice the squash along each rib into 1-inch crescent shapes.
2. Place squash in a mixing bowl and drizzle with melted butter to coat. Add the curry spice and mix until the squash is well-coated.
3. Arrange the squash on a parchment-lined pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the squash is fork-tender.
4. Spread the pecans on a baking pan and place them on a rack in the oven just under the squash during the last 10-12 minutes of baking to toast the pecans.
5. Once the pecans are toasted and the squash is tender, remove them from the oven and arrange the squash on a serving tray. Sprinkle the pecans around the squash and drizzle with butter and maple syrup, as desired - about 2 tablespoons of syrup and 2 tablespoons of butter.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?