0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
10 minutes (for 12 sticks)
We all have a soft spot for fried food. So why not make your own crispy, warm, stretchy, delicious mozzarella sticks?
- 1 (16 oz) block low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- 1 and 1/2 cups Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 eggs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
1. Slice across the block of cheese so you have eleven 1/2 inch thick slices. Cut each slice into thirds so you end up with 33 cheese sticks.
2. In a shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a fork until a uniform color. Using one hand for the eggs and the one for the breadcrumbs, dip a cheesestick in the eggs to coat it. Transfer it to the breadcrumbs and coat it evenly. Sip it again in the egg, coating it evenly, and then again in breadcrumbs. Place the breaded cheesestick on a sheet pan. Repeat with the rest of the cheese sticks.
3. Place the sheet pan in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes. This will allow the breading to firm up. While you wait, you can get the oil ready for frying.
4. Add enough oil to the pan so that the mozzarella sticks will be fully covered as they fry. You can fry 2 - 3 sticks at a time with this setup. If you want to fry more at a time you will need a bigger pan and more oil.
5. The ideal temp. to deep fry is between 350 degrees to 375. Use a thermometer to measure the temperature as it will fluctuate as you fry the sticks. Fry the mozzarella stick for 30 seconds to a minute or until the breading is golden brown and crispy. Transfer the sticks to a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
6. Serve with mozzarella sticks with dipping sauce on the side.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?