> Side Dishes
> Ranch Green Beans
A twist on the usual green bean casserole!
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs, toasted
- Place green beans in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and 2 tablespoons milk until smooth.
- Whisk in remaining milk; stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in dressing mix and pepper. Add green beans; heat through. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with bread crumbs.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?