Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes with Goat Cheese1
1 made it | 1 review | 0 photos
This colorful side dish is sweet, savory, and scrumptious! The roasted veggies work perfectly with the tang of the goat cheese. To make this dish your own, experiment with different types of nuts or even flavored goat cheese.
2 cups of brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
2 large sweet potatoes, chopped into 1/2-inch chunks
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
Pinch of allspice
3/4 teaspoon of sea salt
1/4 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans
1/3 cup of goat cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add the brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, cumin, allspice, and sea salt to a 9"x13" casserole dish. Toss everything together to coat the veggies, leaving the sweet potatoes to one side and the brussels sprouts to the other.
3. Place the dish on the center rack of the oven and bake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until the veggies are golden brown, stirring once halfway through.
4. Remove the dish from the oven. Taste the veggies and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the sweet potatoes from the dish and smash them with a fork before adding the brussels sprouts on top.
5. Top with nuts and goat cheese.
March 14, 2022
We loved this. I did substitute feta for goat cheese. It’s what I had in the house and it was great.