0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
1 hour 20 minutes
Leave your potatoes un-mashed this Thanksgiving with a delicious and creamy scalloped potatoes recipe!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. To make the sauce, melt butter, onion, and garlic over medium-low heat. Cook until onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Add flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low. Combine milk and broth. Add a small amount at a time whisking to thicken. The mixture will become very thick, continue adding a little bit of liquid at a time, whisking until smooth.
4. Once all of the liquid has been added, bring to a boil over medium heat while continuing to whisk. Stir in salt and pepper and let boil 1 minute.
5. Grease a 9"x13" baking dish. Place 1/3 of the potatoes in the bottom and season with salt and pepper. Pour 1/3 of the cream sauce over top.
6. Repeat layers ending with cream sauce. Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
7. Uncover and bake for an additional 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and potatoes are tender. Broil for 3-4 minutes to obtain a golden top.
8. Allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?