> Side Dishes
> Sweet Pea Spinach Crepes with Whipped Goat Cheese
Tender spinach crepes filled with the spring goodness of sweet peas, snow peas, mint and whipped goat cheese. A fresh and simple spring meal.
Whipped Goat Cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk plant-based or regular (make sure it's unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces mushrooms (crimini, button or your favorite variety) sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 1 cup snow peas thinly sliced
- 1 cup zucchini (small) thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup English peas thawed
- 1/2 lemon juice and zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh mint leaves for garnish
Make the spinach crepes in advance for a meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes.
Mise en place: Slice the mushrooms and set the peas out to thaw. Slice the snow peas and zucchini, combine in a small bowl.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms (make sure they have breathing room to properly saute. The mushrooms will release water, keep sauteing until the liquid is absorbed and the mushrooms are browned, about 5 minutes.
Prepare whipped goat cheese. Combine goat cheese, milk, olive oil and salt in a food processor, blend until whipped and fluffy.
Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper to the bowl of peas and zucchini. Stir until coated and adjust seasonings as desired.
Serve: spread about 2 tablespoons of whipped goat cheese on each spinach crepe. Then top with sauteed mushrooms, pea-zucchini mixture and fresh mint. Enjoy!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?