> Side Dishes
> Sweet Peas with Prosciutto (Piselli al Prosciutto)
In this classic Roman contorno, or side dish, sweet peas are braised until tender, then sautéed with salty prosciutto.
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 oz. prosciutto, roughly chopped
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen green peas
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a 12" skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto and onions; cook until onions are soft and prosciutto begins to crisp, 6–8 minutes.
- Add peas and 1 tbsp. water; cook, tossing, until hot, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?