Tomato-Garlic Spanish Rice
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Make your Mexican dishes feel more authentic with a side of Spanish rice. This staple dish pairs perfectly with enchiladas, tacos, taquitos, and more!
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and pepper, cook until softened slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, until toasted and lightly golden, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, tomato sauce, lemon juice, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, and cumin. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
2. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover with a lid and cook until all liquid is absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let rest for 3 to 4 minutes, then remove the lid and fluff rice with a fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper, top with cilantro, and serve immediately.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?