Creamy Chicken and Potato Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
This super simple soup is made in the slow cooker and is the perfect meal to set up in the morning and forget about until dinner time! Featuring chicken, bacon, potatoes, and spinach enrobed in a creamy base, this soup is delightfully filling and delicious.
2 pounds of chicken breasts - boneless and skinless
1 pound of fingerling potatoes, chopped
12 ounces of cream cheese
1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups of bone broth or water
2 cups of baby spinach
1 1-ounce packet of dry ranch seasoning mix
8 ounces of crumbled bacon
1. Place 1 1/2 cups of liquid (bone broth or water) at the bottom of your slow cooker.
2. Add the chicken breasts into the insert of the slow cooker. Add the cream cheese on top of the chicken breasts, along with the cheddar cheese, potatoes, and seasoning. Set on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
3. Once the time is over, carefully remove the cooked chicken breasts from the slow cooker and shred onto a plate, using two forks.
4. Return the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker. Stir in the spinach and add the bacon crumbles. Give it a quick stir and reheat until the spinach is just wilted and the sauce is smooth.
5. Serve the soup warm with some additional shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and chopped green onions!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?