Creamy Kale and Sausage Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
This soup is perfect for chilly fall evenings. Combining crispy sausage, potatoes, and heavy cream, this soup is creamy and delicious.
6 slices of bacon, diced
2 pounds of Italian sausage
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 small onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 1/2 pounds of potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
8 cups of chicken broth
1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon of course sea salt
1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 head of kale, de-stemmed and chopped
3/4 cup of heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Add the bacon to a large, heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pot and drain off the fat.
2. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the sausage. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until the sausage is brown and crisp, breaking it up as it cooks. Remove the sausage from the pot and drain the excess fat.
3. Add the olive oil to the pot along with the onion and garlic. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes, until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant. Add the sausage back to the pot along with the potatoes, broth, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
4. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 25-30 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
5. Add in the kale, then cover and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, until the kale is wilted and bright green.
6. Stir in the heavy cream, lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes, and bacon, and cook for 3-5 minutes until warmed through. Taste for seasoning, adding additional salt and pepper, if needed.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?