We’re obsessed with this potato soup recipe! It’s luscious, creamy, and filled with bold, smoky, tangy flavor.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1½ pounds Yukon gold potatoes, about 5, chopped
- 1½ cups cooked white beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Scallions or chives
- Coconut bacon
- Greek yogurt, optional
- Cheddar cheese, optional
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, salt, and several grinds of pepper. Sauté 6 to 8 minutes, until softened.
Add the garlic, stir, and cook 2 more minutes. Stir in the white wine vinegar and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds, and then add the broth, potatoes, and white beans. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
Let cool slightly, then transfer half of the soup to a blender with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, the mustard, lemon juice, and paprika. Blend until smooth and return the pureed soup back to the pot.
Use a potato masher to gently smash the potato chunks and beans. Season to taste with more salt and pepper and serve with desired toppings.
No public reviews yet! Will you be the first?