Fennel and Cream of Celery Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
This deliciously creamy soup highlights celery, cauliflower, and fennel bulb. The original recipe calls for the addition of chicken, but this dish can also be served meatless without compromising flavor.
1/2 pound of cauliflower
1/2 pound of celery
1/2 pound of fennel bulb
6 ounces of onion
32 ounces of vegetable broth or unsalted chicken broth
1/3 cup of dry sherry or dry white wine
4 tablespoons of butter
2 cups of heavy cream
2 teaspoons of salt
Black pepper, to taste
1. Cut the cauliflower into chunks and place into a small pot. Cover the cauliflower with water and boil/simmer until completely tender.
2. Meanwhile, chop the celery, fennel, and onions into small pieces. Heat a soup pot over medium-high heat and add the butter, vegetables, and sherry. Turn the heat to medium, cover the pot, and cook until the vegetables are completely tender. Add a little water, as necessary, and stir the vegetables periodically to prevent burning.
3. When the cauliflower is cooked, drain it and put it into a blender. Add half of the broth and blend until it is pureed and smooth. Pour it back into the cooking put until it is time to add it to the soup.
4. When the celery is completely cooked, put it into the blender and add enough stock to puree it as smoothly as possible. Scrape it back into the soup pot and add the pureed cauliflower and the rest of the stock. Stir.
5. Add the two cups of heavy cream and salt. Add pepper to taste. Heat gently so as not to burn or curdle the cream. Serve!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?