This comforting soup is made with just six ingredients and is ready in 35 minutes! Featuring the green onion, otherwise known as the scallion, this soup has a distinctly oniony depth of flavor.
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 cup of potatoes, chopped
10 cloves of garlic, chopped
3 bunches of green onions, roughly chopped
1 lemon, juiced
4 cups of vegetable broth
Salt and pepper, to taste
Crusty bread for serving, optional
1. In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Then, add the chopped potatoes and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Sauté the potatoes, reducing the heat as needed until the potatoes are starting to soften and brown a bit, about 5-10 minutes.
3. Add the chopped garlic, and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the chopped green onions and sauté for just a minute to wilt them. Sprinkle with another pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Add the lemon juice to the pot and scrape any bits off of the bottom. Then, pour the broth into the pot and stir to combine everything. Bring to a simmer, and simmer for a few minutes or until the potatoes are completely cooked through.
6. Using an immersion blender or adding the soup to a blender, blend the soup until it reaches your desired texture.
7. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if needed. Serve with crusty bread!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?