- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 large carrot peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked ham
- 1 quart (1
litre) chicken stock or broth (you can use beef)
- 2 bay leaves (or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 (15 ounce) cans white beans (cannellini beans) -- no salt added, keep the liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of salt, if needed
In a large pot or saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots
andcelery. Cook until onions are softened (5 minutes). Sauté the garlic until fragrant (30 seconds - 1 minute).
Add the ham and cook for a further 2 minutes, then pour in the stock. Add the bay leaves (or thyme) and parsley. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes to combine all of the
Stir in the beans along with the liquid from the can and season with pepper. Let simmer for 2 minutes, taste test and season with salt if needed.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?