Roasted Tomato Soup1
1 made it | 1 review | 0 photos
This Roasted Tomato Soup features oven-roasted roma tomatoes, onion, and red bell pepper. This extra roasting adds a depth of flavor that will make this soup irresistible! To top it off, grate some fresh Parmesan cheese and add some freshly cracked black pepper. On the side, try out these delicious Cumin Crackers from Top Seedz.
3 pounds of roma tomatoes, quartered
1 yellow onion, halved and quartered
1/2 of a red bell pepper, chopped
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of sea salt
1 1/2 teaspoons of freshly ground black pepper
3 cloves of garlic, halved
5 cups of low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
2 teaspoons of dried basil
1 teaspoon of dried parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread the tomatoes, onion, and red bell pepper in 1 layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the tomato mixture and season it with salt and pepper.
2. Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes; add in the garlic and continue roasting until the tomato mixture is tender, about 15 more minutes.
3. Bring the chicken broth, basil, and parsley to a boil in a large stockpot; reduce the heat and simmer.
4. Put half of the tomato mixture into a blender. Cover and hold the lid down; pulse a few times before leaving it on to blend until smooth, adding a small amount of the warm chicken broth, if liquid is needed.
5. Pour the pureed tomato mixture into the stockpot with the chicken broth. Puree the remaining half of the tomato mixture and add it to the chicken broth mixture, mixing well. Simmer for 5 minutes.
February 2, 2022
Added heavy cream and tomato paste and let simmer to thicken it up a bit. Great soup, can't wait to make again