> Apps, Dips, and Sauces
> Bang Bang Cauliflower
These Bang Bang Cauliflower Wings are crispy, sweet & spicy and tossed in a creamy spicy mayo sauce! It’s pretty easy to make, and tastes phenomenal!
Bang Bang Sauce
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sambal oelek or any other chili paste (including sriracha)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
Bang Bang Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour gluten-free or regular
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek or any chili paste
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or any nut milk + two teaspoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup crispy Panko breadcrumbs seasoned with salt pepper, onion powder & garlic powder
BANG BANG CAULIFLOWER
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F/230 degrees C. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking sheet or greased foil. Using a knife, remove florets from the cauliflower (aka cut off the leaves and don't use the stems).
In a bowl, mix the flour, chilli paste, cornstarch, nut milk, ACV, sea salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir to combine - the batter should be like a sticky tempura batter. If the batter is too thick, feel free to thin it out with some more milk and vice versa.
In a separate bowl, place the panko breadcrumbs. Line it up beside the batter bowl. Toss the cauliflower in the batter mixture (you can add them all at once), using a spatula or spoon to coat them all.
Then, transfer them to the panko breadcrumbs (you can do this in two or three batches) to coat completely, then place onto the baking sheet, giving each floret enough space.
Bake for 22 minutes. Please ensure your oven is completely preheated and hot.
Remove from oven. Toss the battered baked cauliflower in the sauce (I like to use a spatula to move them around to get properly coated) then using tongs or a spoon, remove and place back on the baking sheet. Bake for another 1-2 minutes for the sauce to soak into the wings.
Remove from oven, top with sesame seeds, eat immediately and enjoy!
Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 672mg | Potassium: 594mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Vitamin C: 73mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 3mg
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?