Creamy, cheddar cheese soup.
12 ounce Dean & DeLuca Pineapple Elderflower Kombucha
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
I cup of finely chopped carrots
I cup of leeks (white and light green parts only, finely chopped)
1/4 cup flour
3 1/2 cups milk
2 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
8-10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
1. In a large non stick pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
2. Add carrots and leeks.
3. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper to taste. Stir and cool until soft (about 8 minutes).
4. Add flour slowly and cook, stirring for about 2 minutes.
5. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly.
6. Increase the heat to medium-high and add kombucha and mustard until boiling, whisking constantly.
7. Reduce heat to a low simmer and whisk until sauce is creamy and thickened (about 10 minutes).
8. Remove the pot from the heat. Whisk in the cheese 1 handful at a time until melted and combined.
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with fresh cheddar cheese and bread crisps.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?