> Apps, Dips, and Sauces
> Lentil, Sweet Potato, & Coconut Curry (Vegan)
Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 1150mg | Potassium: 731mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 7630IU | Vitamin C: 6.9mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 5.3mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup dried red lentils (<--I used green lentils, which also worked!)
- 1 medium sweet potato , cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large carrot , sliced lengthwise and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the onion until it's turning a little golden. Add the lentils, potato, carrot, and spices/seasonings, and stir to combine everything.
Add the water or broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes, or until the lentils and sweet potato are tender. Stir in the 1/2 cup of coconut milk. Serve.
Curry will keep for up to 4 days in the fridge. Leftovers can be frozen.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?