Carrots for breakfast?! Who would've thought?
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, plus more for serving
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, another nut milk, or regular whole milk
- Plain Greek yogurt, pumpkin seeds, unsweetened shredded coconut flakes, and/or pure maple syrup for serving)
Cook carrots in 3 cups boiling water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until tender, 8–10 minutes. Stir in oats, raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, salt, and ¼ cup walnuts; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring often, until oats are tender and mixture is thick, 8–10 minutes. Add almond milk and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is creamy, about 2 minutes.
Serve oatmeal topped with a spoonful of yogurt, some pumpkin seeds, coconut, and/or more walnuts and drizzled with maple syrup, as desired.
No public reviews yet! Will you be the first?