> Sweet Potato Pancakes
These pancakes are full of cinnamon and ginger and sweet potato goodness.
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 cup mashed baked sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- additional butter for pan
- Whisk together flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter. Stir in sweet potato, honey, cinnamon, ginger and mix well.
- Add wet sweet potato mixture to the dry mixture. Combine well, but don’t over mix. Batter should still be slightly lumpy. If time permits, allow batter stand for at least 30 minutes (the perfect time for enjoying a cup of coffee).
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add enough butter to thinly cover pan. Ladle the batter 1/3 cup at a time. Cook pancakes until done and slightly browned on each side. Repeat, cooking pancakes in batches adding butter to pan as needed.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?