> Banana and Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies
A delicious and rich treat!
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ¾ cup whole pitted dates, chopped (4 oz.)
- ½ cup mashed banana
- ½ cup unsweetened, unflavored plant-based milk
- ¼ cup natural no-salt-added peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats, ground
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons pure cane sugar
- 1½ teaspoons regular or sodium-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 bananas
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl combine flaxseed meal with 6 Tbsp. water; let stand 5 minutes. Place dates in another bowl; add boiling water to cover. Let stand 5 minutes; drain. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil.
- In a blender or food processor combine flaxseed mixture, drained dates, mashed banana, milk, peanut butter, and vanilla. Cover and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine the next five ingredients (through salt). Add blended date mixture; stir together just until moistened. Spoon into the prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until puffed and set. Cool on a wire rack at least 30 minutes.
- Using a fine-mesh sieve, dust brownies with powdered sugar. Cut into 16 brownies. Thinly slice bananas. Fan slices over the tops of brownies. Serve immediately.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?