> Main Dishes
> Broccoli Mushroom Quiche
1 9 inch pie crust (store bought or homemade)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped small broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- While the oven is preheating, add olive oil to a medium sized skillet over low to medium heat. Allow the olive oil to heat for a minute, then add minced garlic. Cook the garlic for about a minute until browned and aromatic.
- Next, add chopped broccoli and mushrooms to the skillet. Cook for about 5-8 minutes, until the broccoli and mushrooms become tender. Drain any water that may have developed. Set the garlic broccoli mushroom aside for now.
- Place a pie crust into a 9 inch pie dish. Spoon the garlic broccoli mushroom mixture into the pie dish.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together a large egg and a tablespoon of milk. Brush this egg wash mixture over the edges of the crust to help it brown.
- Add three more eggs into the same bowl, and whisk until beaten. Generally, you’ll need four eggs to make quiche. I didn’t want to waste the egg wash so I added it into the quiche. Now, pour milk and shredded cheddar into the bowl then whisk until combined. Pour this mixture over the broccoli and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake the broccoli mushroom cheddar quiche for about 45 minutes until the crust has browned and the filling looks solid.
- Allow the quiche to cool down before slicing into it.
- Serve the broccoli mushroom cheddar quiche warm.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?