Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese with Honey and Spice
1 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
If you're looking to spice things up in the kitchen this recipe is the perfect way to add some excitement to a classic and delicious grilled cheese!
- Red pepper flakes
- Thick, white bread.
- Goat cheese (we recommend Jones Family Farm goat cheese)
- Shredded white cheddar cheese. Shredded mozzarella works too.
- Liquid honey.
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan on medium low heat WITH the red pepper flakes. This allows the butter to be infused with the spice from the flakes.
2. Allow to cook for about five minutes, careful not to let it burn.
3. Carefully transfer the melted butter to a small bowl. Set aside the pan for the grilled cheese — don't wash it!
4. Use a pastry brush or the back of a spoon to spread the butter on ONE side of BOTH slices of bread (you likely won't use all of this butter*).
5. Heat the pan again over medium heat. Arrange one slice of bread buttered-side down on the pan.
6. Add the crumbled goat cheese** and shredded cheese** to the bread, and drizzle one tablespoon of honey overtop. Top this with the other piece of buttered bread, buttered side out to form the sandwich.
7. Cover with a lid to help the cheese melt. Cook until the bottom of each slice of bread is toasted and golden brown and the cheese is melted, likely 5-7 minutes.
8. When done, drizzle the top of the sandwich with another tablespoon of honey. If some of your red pepper flakes stayed in the pan and not the sandwich, you can sprinkle more on before serving.
9. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?