Sweet Pepper Pasta with Sausage
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Add some sweetness to your pasta with sweet snacking peppers and sweet Italian sausage. This dish is packed with rich colors and fresh flavors!
- 1 pound uncooked orecchiette pasta
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 pound sweet baby bell peppers, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 and 1/4 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese, finely shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil
1. Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 and 1/2 cups of cooking water.
2. While pasta cooks, cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high, stirring to break into bite-sized pieces, until cooked through (5 to 7 minutes). Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Discard drippings.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter to the skillet, stirring and scraping to loosen browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add peppers and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. Stir in vinegar, salt, and garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in pasta, sausage, and the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Stir in cooking water, 1/4 cup at a time, until sauce is smooth and coats pasta. Discard any remaining cooking water. Stir in oregano.
4. Top servings evenly with cheese and basil.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?