> Main Dishes
> Vegan Bang Bang Broccoli
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 head of broccoli
- oil for frying
- chives for garnish
- Make the sauce, whisk together the mayo, chili paste and agave in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Make the batter, add the apple cider vinegar to the almond milk in a small bowl and let sit for a few minutes to make vegan buttermilk. Add the flour, cornstarch, and salt to a medium sized mixing bowl, then add the hot sauce and almond milk mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk together until combined.
- Put panko breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
- Cut broccoli into florets, then heat the oil on medium high in a large pan. You need about 1/2 to 1 inch of oil at the bottom of the pan.
- Dip each floret of broccoli in the batter, then into the panko and coat thoroughly. Once the oil is hot, add the broccoli to the hot oil. Fry for about a minute or two on each side, or until brown and crispy. Drizzle with sauce, garnish with chives, and serve immediately.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?