Take pasta night up a notch with the addition of some wild ramps. With its delicious onion flavor, this Wild Ramp Pasta is here to please (and it takes less than half an hour to put together!).
- 1 lb wild ramps
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb long pasta
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
1. Cut your wild ramps crosswise. Chop the bulbs and leaves.
2. Place the olive oil in a pan and heat on medium. Place the bulbs in the pan and add in your salt and pepper. Let them cook for 7-9 minutes, and then place the leaves in and cook everything for about 5 more minutes.
3. While your ramps are cooking, begin boiling a pot of water for your pasta. Cook it according to the package until the noodles are al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water, then drain.
4. Turn up the heat on your wild ramps and add in the white wine. Let cook, stirring frequently, until the wine has reduced by half. Then, add your ramps to your drained pasta. Add in the pasta water, chicken broth, and red pepper flakes. Stir. Once the liquids have been absorbed, add in the heavy cream and parmesan. Combine and serve.
No public reviews yet! Will you be the first?