Recipe Home > Salads > Blood Orange and Avocado Salad
This beautiful blood orange and avocado salad brightens up any day! It’s loaded with delicious fresh, seasonal flavors and makes a statement on the dinner table.
- ¼th small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 blood oranges (or regular oranges), peeled and sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 large or 2 small-to-medium ripe avocados, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 medium lime)
- Flaky sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon nigella seed, black sesame seeds* or pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Fill a medium-sized bowl with ice and water, and soak the onions for 10 to 20 minutes. This step makes the onions crisp and softens their flavor intensity.
- Meanwhile, on a large serving plate, layer the orange and avocado slices.
- Drain the onion well and tuck pieces in between and on top of the orange and avocado. Drizzle the salad with the lime juice and sprinkle generously with salt.
- Sprinkle the seeds and cilantro on top, then drizzle the olive oil all over it. Serve promptly.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?