Baked Butternut Squash Fries
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Do you want to try a fall twist on a classic side dish? Ditch the potatoes and use butternut squash instead! These baked butternut squash fries are tender, crispy, and sweet.
1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into sticks (use only the long neck part)
3 tablespoons of corn starch
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Place the butternut squash sticks into a large bowl and pat them dry with a paper towel. Add the corn starch and use your hands to coat the butternut squash completely. Transfer the butternut squash to a colander and shake to remove excess cornstarch.
3. Return the butternut squash fries to the bowl. Add olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, and thyme. Toss to combine evenly.
4. Transfer the fries in a single layer to the prepared baking sheets, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping halfway through, until tender and crisp. Allow 5-10 minutes to cool, then serve warm.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?