Jalapeño Popper Potato Salad1
1 made it | 1 review | 0 photos
Jalapeno Popper Potato Salad is a spicy and delicious twist on regular potato salad. Flavored with cream cheese, bacon, and lots of jalapenos.
- 3 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican 4-cheese blend
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 fresh jalapeno, thinly sliced
Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil and then simmer until soft, about 10-15 minutes. Drain well. Let cool so that they are still warm, but not hot when adding to potato salad.
In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and pepper. Don't worry if the cream cheese doesn't get completely smooth.
Stir potatoes into cream cheese mixture along with pickled jalapenos, green onions, shredded cheese, and crumbled bacon.
Check for seasoning and add salt if desired.
Sprinkle fresh jalapeno slices on top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?