Moroccan Roasted Carrots with Yogurt Sauce
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
This veggie side dish is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy! With roasted Moroccan spices and a creamy yogurt sauce, these carrots pack a punch of flavor. To dress up this dish, try topping them with Maple Magic Roasted Seeds from Top Seedz or chopped Hardwood Smoked nuts for crunch!
For the Carrots:
1 1/2 pounds of peeled thin carrots
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of honey
1 tablespoon of ground cumin
1/2 tablespoon of cayenne - or more if you like heat
1 teaspoon of za'taar spice
1 teaspoon of sumac
1 teaspoon of red chili flakes - or more if you like heat
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 lemon: 1/2 teaspoon of finely grated lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Yogurt Sauce:
1 cup of yogurt
3 cloves of minced garlic
Drizzle of honey
Chopped parsley, for serving
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Combine all of the ingredients except the carrots in a bowl. Mix well and taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place the carrots on a sheet pan and drizzle with the honey and spice mixture. Toss well to combine.
3. Place the sheet pan into the oven and cook for 7 minutes. Open the oven and toss the carrots around. The honey caramelizes quickly, so make sure to keep an eye on them.
4. As the carrots roast, combine the yogurt and garlic. Drizzle in some honey, salt, and pepper to taste.
5. Serve the sauce with the carrots and top with chopped parsley.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?