Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallow Pecan Streusel
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
This sweet side dish is perfect for Thanksgiving! The natural sweetness of the sweet potato is brought out by the warm spices of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Topping this dish with marshmallows is sure to make your loved ones smile.
2 large sweet potatoes
1/3 cup of pecans, chopped
2 tablespoons of room temperature butter
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
1/3 cup of miniature marshmallows
1. Preheat the oven to 350. After it has preheated, spread all of the pecans onto a baking sheet and place in the oven for 5 minutes, until fragrant. Stir halfway through cooking. Remove them from the oven and set them aside.
2. Turn the oven up to 425. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray. With a fork, prick the sweet potatoes on the top and bottom and then place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center goes in easily. Remove them from the oven and let stand until cool enough to handle, but still very warm.
3. Cut the potatoes on top lengthwise and push the ends towards the middle so it opens up. Scoop out the flesh and place it in a medium bowl. Be careful not to tear the skin too much. Set the skins on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.
4. In a medium bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of butter and the brown sugar together until it is coarse crumble. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and half of the pecans. Divide the mixture in half; add half of the mixture to the sweet potato flesh and fold in completely, and then add the filling back to the potato skins on the baking sheet.
5. To the other half of the brown sugar mixture, add 1 tablespoon of butter, flour, and remaining pecans. Mix until it is coarse crumble. Top each of the sweet potatoes with the brown sugar mixture and marshmallows. Return to the oven and bake or broil until the marshmallows are golden brown.
No public reviews yet! Will you be the first?