Carrot and Maple Syrup Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Rich and sweet carrot soup makes a great start to any meal.
- 1kg carrots, sliced 2cm thick
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup, plus extra to drizzle
- 1L (4 cups) vegetable stock or chicken stock
- Creme fraiche or sour cream, to serve
- Chopped chives, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a tray with baking paper. Toss carrots, onion, ginger, garlic, olive oil, and maple syrup with salt and pepper, then spread on the tray. Roast, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes or until the carrot is softened and just starting to color.
- Place the carrot mixture and any cooking juices in a pan with the stock. Season, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the carrot is very tender.
- Using a hand blender, slowly puree the mixture until smooth. (Alternatively, cool slightly, puree in a blender in batches, then return to the pan and reheat gently.)
- Ladle the soup into bowls, drizzle with extra maple syrup and some creme fraiche, and garnish with chopped chives.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?