Tuscan Kale & White Bean Stew
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
This hearty white bean stew combines classic Tuscan spices, kale, butternut squash and quinoa for a delicious and cozy weeknight mea
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 small red onion , chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 3 cups butternut squash , cubed (about 1 small)
- 1 (15 oz) can white kidney beans
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups curly kale , chopped (or green of choice)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Heat the oil in a large dutch oven to stockpot over medium heat. Once hot, add the garlic and onions and saute for 2 - 3 minutes until the onions start to soften. Add the seasonings and squash and cook another 3 - 4 minutes until everything is super fragrant. Deglaze the pan with a splash of water as needed.
Stir in the beans, tomatoes, quinoa, broth, and water. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce to simmer and cover for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and stir in the kale. Cover again and cook for another 5 - 10 minutes until the squash is tender.
Serve hot with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and a piece of crusty bread!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?