Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
French toast is a classic and heart-warming breakfast, but you can make it even more fun by cutting your toast in the shape of dippable sticks!
- 12 slices thick-cut, soft whole-grain bread or brioche
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole milk or nut/seed-based milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 tbsp salted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut each slice of bread into. 1inch wide "sticks". In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, nutmeg, salt, and 1 tbsp melted butter.
3. Dip each breadstick into the egg mixture and toss to coat. Remove, allowing any excess to drip off back into the bowl. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining bread. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake 10-15 minutes more, or until lightly golden.
4. Meanwhile, add the remaining 5 tbsp butter to a medium pot set over medium heat. Allow the butter to brown lightly until it smells toasted and nutty, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
5. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
6. Brush each french toast stick with browned butter and then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, or toss to coat for extra sweetness. Serve warm with maple syrup.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?