Brown Sugar Plum Cobbler
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
This brown sugar plum cobbler recipe is a simple way to turn your plums into a delicious dessert. Every bite is layered with juicy plums, crumbly dough, and sweet ice cream!
- 2 pounds of plums, pitted and quartered
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rum (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- butter for greasing
- coarse sugar for sprinkling
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- powdered sugar for serving
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
2. Grease a baking dish with butter.
3. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a mixing bowl. Use a fork to whisk. Then add milk and melted butter. Use a wooden spoon to stir and combine. Set aside.
4. Toss the plums with sugar, rum, vanilla, cinnamon, corn starch, and lemon juice. Transfer into the prepared baking dish.
5. Drop rounded spoonfuls of dough evenly over the plum mixture.
6. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is nicely browned.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar. Spoon onto plates and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream alongside. Enjoy!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?