Autumn Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Autumn is here which calls for a good batch of soup to keep us warm and cozy. This soup will do just that with a blend of carrots and sweet potatoes, complimented by hints of sweetness with honey and apple.
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder, plus a bit more for serving
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 and 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 2 small), peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 and 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes. Do not brown. Add the curry powder and cook a minute more.
2. Add the carrots, sweet potatoes, chicken broth, and salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat until vegetables are very tender, about 25 minutes.
3. Stir in the apples and honey. Using a stick blender, puree the soup until smooth and creamy. (Alternatively, cool the soup slightly, then puree in a blender in batches. Be sure to leave the hole in the lid open and cover it with a kitchen towel to allow steam to escape.)
4. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more honey if necessary. Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with more curry powder if desired.
Storage instructions: This soup can be frozen for up to 3 months. Defrost in the refrigerator for 12 hours and then reheat on the stovetop over medium heat until hot.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?