This delicious dish features zucchini, summer squash, and herby goat cheese! These galettes are baked in the oven until the cheese is melted and the pastry is flaky and golden brown. This recipe is truly the perfect spring or summer side dish!
For the Filling:
1/2 cup of herb-infused goat cheese
3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
Drizzle of olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Sprigs of fresh thyme, for garnish
For the Galette Dough:
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 cup of butter, cubed
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup of ice cold water
1 egg yolk
1. Slice zucchini with a mandolin and place flat on a tray with a clean cloth or paper towel. Sprinkle with salt to help draw out the moisture. Allow at least 20-30 minutes for this process ahead of time.
2. Using a fork or a pastry cutter, break up the butter in a large mixing bowl, leaving some big chunks and mix with flour and salt. Add ice-cold water to flour mixture and mix until it just comes together.
3. Once your dough ball comes together, split it into two and wrap in cellophane. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
4. Flour your work surface and place unwrapped dough on your table. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to a thickness of about 3-5mm. Once your pie dough is rolled out, add your goat cheese in small, rough chunks. Leave about 1 - 1.5 inches from the edge for folding.
5. Sprinkle half of the grated parmesan over the goat cheese and start arranging the zucchini slices in a neat, circular pattern. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil over the top, and a dash of pepper to taste. Start folding the edges to where your ingredients start. Repeat the process for the second galette. Place them in the fridge for about 10 minutes while the oven heats up.
6. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. With a pastry brush, gentry brush the sides of the galette with egg yolk to give the dough a beautiful golden color while baking. Bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes and remember to rotate your tray at the halfway mark.
7. Let the galettes cool on a rack for about 5-10 minutes and top with sprigs of fresh thyme.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?