Cream of Mushroom Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
This delicious soup is thick, creamy, and ready to serve in just 45 minutes. Flavored with garlic and fresh thyme, this is the perfect dish to scoop up with some crusty bread.
1/4 cup of butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
1 1/2 pounds of white mushrooms, sliced
2 teaspoons of fresh thyme, finely chopped
1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
3 1/2 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 cup of heavy cream
1. Melt the butter in a large pot or 4-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat and melt until it starts to bubble. Add in the onion and garlic and cook until soft and tender.
2. Add in the mushrooms and thyme. Stir well to cook evenly until tender.
3. Stir in the flour and mix well until everything is evenly combined and thickened. Pour in the stock and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well and bring the mixture to a simmer. Let it simmer over medium heat for 10-15 minutes until thickened to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in the heavy cream and continue to simmer until thickened to the desired consistency, about 5 minutes. Optionally, transfer half of the soup into a food processor or blender. Return the blended soup back into the pot.
5. Serve it as is or with a side of toasted sourdough bread, croutons, or crusty bread on the side.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?