Garlic Butter Mushroom Pasta1
1 made it | 1 review | 0 photos
This simple dish is a great option for a meatless pasta night. This Garlic Butter Mushroom Pasta dish is ready in just 20 minutes and all of the ingredients are available on offthemuck.com! The combination of sautéed mushrooms and the unctuous garlic butter sauce will have you coming back for seconds.
12 ounces of sliced mushrooms
4 tablespoons of butter
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 cup of grated or shredded parmesan cheese
Parsley, for garnish
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to its directions. When the pasta is finished cooking, reserve about 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
2. While the pasta is cooking, melt two tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the sliced mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes until they start to turn golden brown.
3. Add the minced garlic into the pan along with the salt and pepper. Cook and stir constantly for one more minute.
4. Turn the heat to low and add two more tablespoons of butter, the pasta, the reserved pasta water, and the parmesan cheese. Toss with tongs to coat.
5. Taste the pasta and season more to taste if necessary. Garnish with fresh parsley.
February 7, 2022
Really, really good. Just used button mushrooms, and it tasted pretty decadent. Added some chicken breast, but only because I had one I needed to use.